It gives me great pleasure as your American Legion Auxiliary President, to update our membership on our 2017 accomplishments.
- First and foremost, we are so excited to have this website come alive for our members. It has been in the works for the past three years. We invite everyone to view the content and share your feedback to continually improve our communication with each other. We hope that you view the website frequently, as we will continue to update the activities and events that are occurring at our post.
- I am thrilled to announce that Holley ALA Unit 529 won the 2017 district award for highest amount of new membership. We came in at 111%. This acknowledgement went straight to national, in which we won the Recruit-10 Award. We received a $250 check, which our membership voted to utilize for covering all Junior Memberships ($5.00 each), and any of our members that are currently in a nursing home. It is our way of giving back for the many years of service provided to this unit, as well as enticing our younger generation to be involved in this wonderful community-oriented organization. Let's strive to accomplish a 100+% membership renewal drive by December, 2017. Please send your $20 membership renewal to Deb Zicari, PO Box 403, Albion NY 14411 as soon as possible. As your President, I am challenging each member to recruit one new member. Ask yourself; is your sister, niece, grandchild, friend who is eligible a member? If not, invite them to join and help perpetuate our commitment to our Veterans.
Did you know that in 2016-17, our ALA contributed over $1,200 toward our Veterans programs? This is not possible without the effort of our members contributing to our fundraising activities. Please do your best to support us at our annual events:
- Pasta Dinner, held on the 3rd Saturday of September from 4 pm to 7 pm
- Cash Raffle, distributed at the annual Christmas Party
- Poppy donation collections at Walmart, held the weekends of Memorial Day and Veterans Day
- Bake Sale, held annually at the Memorial Day services at our post
I am a proud member of the American Legion Auxiliary. In my home, I display several pictures of my father and his brother in their sailor uniforms when they enlisted during WWII. I have hanging on my wall, discharge papers of my Grandfather, who served in WWI. My husband Noel, who served during the Vietnam era, is my sponsor to the American Legion. When I look at these documents and pictures, they give me a great sense of patriotism and pride in our country. It's this emotion that formed organizations such as the American Legion, Auxiliary, Sons of American Legion and American Legion Riders. We cannot survive without continued growth so that we can support our Veterans. Please consider my personal invitation to renew your membership, recruit a new member, and join us at our monthly meetings.
I am so proud to be your President, and very proud of our elected Officers and Committee Chairs. Everyone is working hard and I can't be more grateful.
For God and Our Country, Blessings to You,
Upcoming Projects, Events, etc.
Rock Painting w/our Juniors - To be announced.
Department Convention, Rochester, NY - July 19th-21st, 2018